Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions - General

  • If you are witness or victim of crime, it is important you report to the police
  • To pay for the TV licence (at post office)
  • To pay all your bills: phone, water, electricity, gas, council tax.
  • Your vehicle should be registered at DVLA:
  • You should pay road tax:
  • you should have the insurance for your car
  • Your car should be tested for M.O.T
  • if you had a motor accident you must stop and exchange insurance details with other driver;

Some drugs are legal in the UK, but it is illegal to possess or sell some drugs.

Illegal drugs are:

  • heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and LSD (Class A drugs, the most dangerous)
  • speed and other amphetamines (Class B drugs)
  • Cannabis, some types of tranquilizers and GHB (Class C drugs).

The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) define a racist incident to be:

‘any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person.’

The Police Service are committed to identifying and prosecuting perpetrators and reporting incidents to police provides essential information which, enables the police to prevent further incidents taking place and to identify those responsible.
Incidents can be reported by:-

Victim Support is  a voluntary organisation which assists people who were victims of crime. This service is free and confidential and is available …

In an emergency dial 999 or 112
You will be asked.
Which service do you require?
Please respond

You will then be asked to give:
Your name, and address location of the emergency & what the emergency is
Call 999 or 112 if someone is injured or there is a danger to life

Most residents in Northern Ireland are entitled to register to be able to vote at elections. You are required by law to register, regardless of whether or not you intend to vote and must register at the address he or she is resident, and be in Northern Ireland for at least 3 months.

Applications forms can be obtained from the website or by contacting the Electoral Office

A fishing license is required for all types of inland fishing.  Course License allows you to use two fishing rods to fish for Roach, Bream, Perch Pike Rudd and Carp. A Game license allows you to use one fishing rod to fish for trout and salmon. All course fish should be released and returned to the river of lake that they have been caught in. You can take two Pike per day, but Pike weighing over 8 kilograms must be returned.

There are various ways for you to give assistance to community and voluntary groups which will provide you with opportunities to : 

You can register a birth, marriage or death at the:

Craigavon Civic & Conference Centre,
Lakeview Road,
Craigavon. BT65
Tel 028 3831 2400
Opening hours:       Monday –Thursday 9.30am - to 12.30pm  and 2pm to 4.30pm