Skip to main content

What is the status for Non-EU countries?

Posted in

If you want to work in the United Kingdom, you should check that your status allows you to do so before taking up employment. Not everyone who comes to the UK is allowed to work. You can check if you are allowed to work by looking at the stamp in your passport. Examples of passport stamps can be found on the Immigration and

Nationality Directorate website:

Your status may only allow you to stay in the UK for a limited time. In some cases, when the time is finished, you cannot apply to stay longer. If you are eligible to extend your stay in the UK, you will need to make an application before your original permission ends.


For further information please check: