Skip to main content

What are Child Tax Credits & Working Tax credits?

Posted in

A tax credit is a payment from the government to help with everyday living expenses. If you work for at least 16 hours a week but earn low wages, you may be eligible for this. If you are responsible for a child who normally lives with you, you may be eligible for this, regardless of whether you work or not. There are two types of Tax credits, working tax credits and child tax credits.

To check whether you eligible, or get a claim form, call HM revenue and Customs helpline on 0845 603 200 or visit the website on and

Tax Credits helpline 0845 603 2000

For help with completing forms or dealing with any problems contact Craigavon District Advice Bureau:

028 3835 3260 / 083 834 7219 / 028 3836 1181